We love earning 3 points points per dollar at restaurants and bars using our Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Card, but we’re always looking for ways to maximize one of our largest spending categories. Uber and Visa are teaming up for a promotion called Visa Local Offers and we’re now earning between 5% and 10% of our dining spending back in Uber credits at tons of local restaurants.
What’s The Deal?
Uber is now offering free Uber credits for dining at certain local restaurants. In the Miami area, the list of restaurants offering free Uber credits is substantial. All you have to do is add a Visa credit card to your Uber account, opt-in to the promotion, and use the Visa credit card for your restaurant spend. Using a Visa credit card for restaurant spend should be easy since the you earn the most points per dollar on the Chase Sapphire Reserve (which happens to be a Visa credit card).
A few things to keep in mind:
- You must have at least 1 Visa credit card as a payment method in your Uber account. You can have many payment methods and you don’t actually need to pay with this card.
- Make sure to opt-in by opening your Uber app, navigating to the settings menu, scrolling to the bottom and enabling Visa Local Offers.
- Pay your restaurant bill with a Visa credit card registered as a payment method in your Uber account.
- You can use the free Uber credits both for Uber rides and Uber Eats food delivery.
- The free Uber credits you earn through Visa Local Offers are in addition to the credit card points you earn from the purchase
- Each offer has a cap on the amount of Uber credits earned from a single purchase.
How to Get Even More Value
Not only are the free Uber credits in addition to the credit card points you earn from the purchase but you can also earn points from a dining portal like the AA Dining Rewards Network (which earns 3 or more miles per dollar spent at certain restaurants). For example, if you were eating at Freshko Gourmet and spent $40 on your Chase Sapphire Reserve that is enrolled with the AA Dining Rewards Network, you would earn 120 Chase Ultimate Rewards, 120 American Airlines AAdvantage Miles, and a $4 Uber credit.
Featured image provided by Uber.